Holistic Integrative Care for Women of Childbearing Age
Monika Kavipurapu, PhD
Monika Kavipurapu, PhD, PharmD, CMT, is the founder of Vita Sana, a holistic, integrative wellness center focused on female fertility, pregnancy, postnatal health and well-being.
Our practice is evidence-based and rooted both in Western and Eastern wisdom with the goal of supporting and enabling women on their journey through fertility and pregnancy to motherhood.
The Vita Sana Model of Care is based on the paradigm that no two women are the same and, therefore, every woman deserves fully customized and individualized support to achieve the healthiest pregnancy and motherhood.
Our Model of Care:
- Nourish the mother-to-be's physical, emotional, mental and spiritual self through therapeutic massage, counseling, nutritional advice, exercise, stretches and yoga.
- Honor the cultural and personal uniqueness of the mother-to-be.
- Create space for open, non-judgmental exchange of ideas, questions, concerns, surrounding fertility, pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
- Help navigate the medical system and devise strategies to minimize technological interventions.
- Use globally-derived practices to help prepare for pregnancy, birth and to receive the baby.
- Evidence-based practice rooted both in Western and Eastern wisdom.
- Referrals to other practitioners, if needed.
- Fertility Optimization
- Prenatal & Postnatal Support
- Infant Massage Instruction
- Cesarean Birth Scar Massage
- Postpartum Abdominal Massage
- Fertility Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Well-Mama Massage
To learn more about our services please visit our website.
Monika has in-depth knowledge of women’s reproductive health, gained through 20+ years of research experience at leading research institutions. She has six years of postdoctoral experience in Reproductive Aging at Hillblom Center for the Biology of Aging at the University of California San Francisco, holds a PhD degree in Molecular Medicine (doctorum rerum medicinalium, magna cum laude) and a PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy) degree with specialty in Drug Analysis.
She has published many articles in top-ranked peer-reviewed scientific journals and has spoken at multiple international conferences, to audiences ranging from the general public to Nobel Prize Winners.
Monika taught Human Anatomy at University of San Francisco and graduated with honors from the National Holistic Institute as a Massage Therapist and Health Educator. She is a co-founder of Magic Lens, a San Francisco company involved in design of medical devices.
While embarking on her own journey to motherhood Monika noticed the immense gap between the expectations and needs of women planning to get pregnant, expectant mothers, and new mamas and the current “standard of care” offered them.
Monika founded Vita Sana to fill that gap in the current health care system, which has much to offer owing to great scientific strides in fertility and reproductive health, but at times can seem overly mechanized, impersonal, with standardization lending it a one-size-fits-all hue. Vita Sana strives instead to provide an individualized, holistic approach to women's health encompassing therapeutic massage, counseling, guidance, nutritional advise, stretches, exercise and yoga; all designed to promote female reproductive health.
Vita Sana can help concretize suggestions of medical practitioners by devising individualized exercise and diet plans, as well as provide information and input to complement, ease and enhance navigation of the standardized health care system.
Monika’s philosophy can be summarized in a few words: Happy Mama, Healthy Baby! Healthy Mama, Happy Baby!
To learn more about Monika’s professional qualifications please visit her LinkedIn page.